Integrating with WordPress
EmailOctopus has an official WordPress plugin. Use it to add a customisable form widget to your site, allowing visitors to subscribe to a mailing list. Here are the steps to install this plugin:
1. Go to Plugins > Add New, look up EmailOctopus and click “Install Now”.
2. Activate the Plugin.
3. Connect your existing EmailOctopus account, or create a new one if you don’t have it.
4. Paste your API key here. You can find your API key within our API docs. Click “Save Changes”.
5. Click on “Forms” within the EmailOctopus plugin tab, and all your existing forms will be listed. If you don’t have any forms yet, click on “Add New”, and you’ll be sent to a form creation page in your EmailOctopus account. Hover over a form name and click “Display Settings” where you can view the form’s shortcode or set it to display automatically in selected content types. If you use that option, click the "Save Changes" button.
6. To embed the form, go to the page you’d like your form to be embedded on, click on the plus icon to add a new element and pick “EmailOctopus Form”. If you're using our legacy feature - hosted forms, please pick the "EmailOctopus Legacy Form" option.
7. Choose which form you'd like to add by selecting it from the drop-down menu. Once selected, the form will be added. You can view it by clicking on the "Preview" or by publishing it. To publish it, click "Update". Your form is displayed on your page!
8. You can also add your form by adding its shortcode. For that, you would need to copy the shortcode from the form's display settings page. Go to the page you’d like your form to be embedded on, click on the plus icon to add a new element and pick “Shortcode”.
9. Paste your form’s shortcode and click “Update” in the top right corner. That’s it. Your form is displayed on your page!
You may also choose to use a third-party integration to add EmailOctopus to your WordPress site. Please view our full list of integrations to find out which platforms this is possible with.