How to set up email notifications using Integromat
If you'd like to receive a notification whenever a new contact is added to your list, you can do that using Integromat. This application allows you to connect other applications to make them communicate and work with each other. You can sign up for free here.
You can set up email notifications about new contacts or send them via different channels by connecting with other applications. For example, you can forward them to Slack.
Setting up email subscription notifications via Integromat.
1. Sign in to your Integromat account. On the main dashboard, click on the "Scenarios" tab and then click on the "Create a new scenario" button in the upper right corner.
2. Click on the big "+" icon in the centre and pick the application that will act as the trigger for your scenario. You want to choose EmailOctopus here – you can use the search bar to find it quickly.
3. Choose "Watch Contacts" as the trigger:
4. You will see a pop-up where you can configure the notification trigger. To connect your EmailOctopus account, click on the "Add" button in the upper right corner, name this connection, paste your API key into the field on the left, and click the blue "Continue" button.
5. When you connect your account, you will be able to choose one of your lists under the "List ID" field. That'll be the list for which you'll enable notifications. Then, choose "Subscribed" under the category field and pick the limit for results in the cycle that you want to process.
Next, click on the "OK" button in the lower right corner, and then specify when this integration should start to complete the trigger.
6. Now, you must add an action to follow your trigger. Click on the highlighted semicircle and then the "Add another module" button.
7. Find and click the "Email" button.
8. Choose "Send me an email".
9. Provide the subject and the content of the notification email that you'll receive.
10. Click on the "Run once" button to check the scenario logic. You will see a log with information if it works – please note that doesn't mean you'll get the notification now; it's just a logic test.
11. Go back to the "Scenarios" tab on the left side, and click on the toggle next to your new scenario to enable it.
That's it! You successfully set up subscription notifications using Integromat.