How to set up email notifications using Make
If you'd like to receive a notification whenever a new contact is added to your list, you can do that using Make (formerly Integromat). Make allows you to connect various applications with each other. You can sign up for free here.
You can set up email notifications about new contacts or send them via different channels by connecting with other applications. For example, you can forward them to Slack.
Setting up email subscription notifications via Make.
1. Sign in to your Make account. On the main dashboard, click on the "Create a new scenario" button in the upper right corner.
2. Click on the big "+" icon in the centre and pick the application that will act as the trigger for your scenario. You want to choose EmailOctopus here – you can use the search bar to find it quickly.
3. Choose "Watch Contacts" as the trigger:
4. You will see a pop-up where you can configure the notification trigger. To connect your EmailOctopus account, click on the "Add" button, name this connection, paste your API key and click the "Save" button.
5. When you connect your account, you will be able to choose one of your lists under the "List ID" field. That'll be the list for which you'll enable notifications. Then, choose "Subscribed" under the category field and pick the limit for results in the cycle that you want to process.
Next, click on the "OK" button in the lower right corner, and then specify when this integration should start to complete the trigger.
If you'd like to receive notifications about unsubscribers instead of subscribers, you can do that by choosing "Unsubscribed" under the category field.
6. Now, you must add an action to follow your trigger. Click on the highlighted semicircle and then the "Add another module" button.
7. Find and click the "Email" button.
8. Choose "Send an email".
9. Configure your notification email by choosing the from and recipient address. You can also edit the subject and content.
10. Click on the "Run once" button to check the scenario logic. You will see a log with information if it works – please note that doesn't mean you'll get the notification now; it's just a logic test. If there was no error, you can turn the scenario on with the toggle in the lower-left corner.
That's it! You successfully set up subscription notifications using Make.