Verifying an email address or domain in Amazon SES
Before sending from an email address, Amazon require you to confirm that you own it.
Verifying a single email address, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the simplest way of verifying an email address.
- Head to your verified identities and click on the orange button labelled 'Create Identity'. Choose the Email address identity type.
- Enter the email address you wish to verify (e.g. email@example.com) and scroll down. Click on the orange button labelled Create Identity.
- Click the link in the email that Amazon send you.
Verifying a whole domain, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
This takes slightly longer than verifying a single email address, but once done, it allows you to send from any email address associated with this domain.
- Head to your Verified identities and click on the orange button labelled 'Create Identity'. Choose the Domain identity type.
- Enter the domain you wish to verify (e.g. yourdomain.com) and scroll down. Click on the orange button labelled Create Identity.
- Scroll down the page to see the CNAME records you must add to your domain DNS. If you need further assistance with this then contact the company you purchased your domain from.
Amazon informs that records detection may take up to 72 hours – usually, it happens much faster, but it depends on the domain provider.