Verifying an email address or domain
Before sending from an email address, Amazon require you to confirm that you own it.
Verifying a single email address, i.e. email@example.com
This is the simplest way of verifying an email address.
- Head to your verified email addresses and click Verify a New Email Address.
- Enter the email address you wish to verify (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Verify This Email Address.
- Click the link in the email that Amazon send you.
Verifying a whole domain, i.e. email@example.com
This takes slightly longer than verifying a single email address, but gives you more flexibility.
- Head to your verified domains and click Verify a New Domain.
- Enter the domain you wish to verify (e.g. yourdomain.com) and leave Generate DKIM Settings unchecked (you can set this up later). Click 'Verify This Domain'.
- Add a TXT record to your domain's DNS with the name '_amazonses', and the value provided in the popup. If you need further assistance with this then contact the company you purchased your domain from.
- Click 'Close', and wait a few minutes.