Maintaining your sender reputation
Your sender reputation is an indication of how trustworthy you are as a sender. The higher your score, the more deliverable your emails are, so maintaining this is vital. Our top tips for doing that are as follows:
- Never buy, rent, or share email addresses; only send to recipients who have requested your emails.
- Consider using double opt in for all your lists.
- Your emails should provide value - if you wouldn't want to receive it yourself, don't send it.
- Don't send emails from an ISP based email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Instead, use your own domain (e.g. email@example.com) and make sure to verify it first.
- Monitor your statistics and try keeping your bounce rate below 5%, and your complaint rate below 0.1%.
- Maintain a clean, engaged mailing list.
- Make sure that your emails contain fresh content - don't resend an identical email to a subscriber.
- Ensure your campaigns don't contain what looks like spammy content. Avoid using keywords such as cash, income, buy now, or free access.
For more tips, we highly recommend reading our blog post on how to improve your email deliverability.