What options are available in advanced automations? (beta)
Our new advanced automation feature allows you to create various scenarios using multiple options.
Automation must start with a trigger. It determines which contacts will get included in it. Currently, you can choose from the following options:
- Contact added to list – automation will start when a new contact is added to the list connected to your automation. You can choose if you want to include imported contacts, too.
- Contact field updated – automation starts for a contact who had one of their fields updated with a new value. You can specify what it should be exactly or make the trigger work regardless of the updated value. This trigger doesn’t work when a field value is assigned the first time – for example, when people sign up.
- Contact tag added – automation starts when a new or existing tag is assigned to a contact.
- Contact tag removed – opposite of the above trigger – automation will start when a selected tag is removed from a contact.
- Manual – automation will trigger for contacts who reach a specific Action step in another automation.
- Manually via the API - automation is triggered when contacts are added to a list via an API call
Then, you can add multiple steps from available options to create the scenario that you need:
- Send email – sends an automated campaign to your subscribers when they reach that step
- Wait – contacts entering that step will wait for a selected amount of time before moving to the next step. The time range could be set in hours or days.
- Condition – a unique step that creates branching paths for contacts who met the conditions you chose and for those who didn’t. Just like in our segmentation feature, you can choose from multiple conditions based on contact details, activity, merge fields and tags. It’s possible to use multiple filters at once if you want to be very specific, and you can set the condition to check if contacts met all, any or none of the selected filters.
- Action – use this step to perform various actions on contacts who pass through it: update their custom field, add or remove a tag, unsubscribe them from a connected list or trigger another automation.